Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Help! Getting music from my PC to my Torch

Ok so success!

It took most of the day but I figured it out.

I used Windows media player so - you have to send the audio files to the media player and then open up the sync option of you blackberry media device.

It then transfers to your blackberry!

So thanks to the help of this group - particularly Kristian

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Congrats!  I'm not sure that's going to work for me.  I loaded all of my music using lossless, so the songs in Media Player are huge (too big for a portable device).  If I load from iTunes I can copy playlists where I reduced the bitrate to a manageable size.

Looks like I've got several issues, so maybe I'll focus on just one.  Anyone know anything about the login window that opens when you check for an update in WiFi music sync?  After clicking "check for update now", a window opens that says

"New Wi-Fi Music Sync software is available.  Would you like to download it now?"

When I click yes, the login window opens asking for a username and pw.  I've had my Torch since August and have never seen that prior to installing OS .448.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

If u couldn't copy and paste from ur computer folder to ur media card/device ur phone could possibly be bad. U might check for file types and if the file format isn't mp3 then download a converter and convert to mp3 then copy and paste
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I bailed on WiFi Music Sync.  I've got way too much time into this - I decided it takes much less time to move them via usb.  I installed BlackBerry MediaSync (I still have DM 6 installed).  It's a lot easier to use than DM, and will copy from iTunes or WMP.

In case anyone hears of a solution to the login, here is a photo of the update notice I get after clicking Check for updates now in Media Options:

vScreenshot_1296628484802.jpg

Here's the login page after clicking yes:

vScreenshot_1296628387849.jpg

Things are really buggy today with the BB login (also login trouble in App World).  I can't get to the login screen now - we'll see what happens if they get the App World login back running.