Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Help! Getting music from my PC to my Torch

Hello everyone,

Just joined and had my torch for 2 weeks!

Really like it but going crazy trying to get music from my computer to my device.

I have installed the desktop software.  I attached using the USB cable and chose the option of using as a USB but I cannot see the media tranfer option on my device.

Any assistance is very much appreciated.

Doug

Toronto

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: Help! Getting music from my PC to my Torch

have you download blackberry media sync software from website it synced my itunes playlists onto my torch

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm stumped, too.  I need help with transferring music as well, but I'm trying to use WiFi music sync, which has worked in the past (although not always - that's probably another thread topic).

Anyway, since installing the .448 leak when I try to connect to WiFi music sync I see an update available.  But when I follow the link to update it takes me to a login page asking for a name and password.  Never saw this before.

Contributor

[ Edited ]
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have the torch and I just connect with the usb cable and press charge only then copy and paste directly to the media card or phone memory altho u can only transfer mp3 files I am guessing. I haven't found any other version that will play
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kristian, just curious - the link is for DM 5.01, released 10/20/10.

How does this differ from either of the BB programs I already have installed?

Desktop Software v 6.0.1.18 released 12/6/10 (Bundle 21)

Device Manager 6.0.0.13

If its the same, but an earlier version, is there a bug in later versions?

I'm wondering if I might have an issue with my Desktop Software version.  If I click on Music under Media Sync in the left column a messag appears in the main window.  It says "Music services failed to load. An unexpected error occured."

edit:  I didn't see the u.s. link earlier.  that link is for the same version I'm running.  Maybe I'll true removing and reinstalling.

Contributor

to be honest I am not sure I just used the blackberry media sync link that I posted and when I plugged my torch in it synced with my itunes I selected the playlists I wanted and synced straight away I didn't even try and use the desktop software

New Contributor

Thanks for the help everyone - still working on it as I have downloaded the media device - will let you know how it goes - old and slow computer I'm afraid

New Contributor

yikes - not getting anywhere with this!

Have tried both methods and I don't get the option of loading the songs onto my device!

Anyone else?

thanks

New Contributor

No luck on my end either.  I even removed and reinstalled Desktop Software.  Still getting the error message in DM.