Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Help! Getting music from my PC to my Torch

Hello everyone,

Just joined and had my torch for 2 weeks!

Really like it but going crazy trying to get music from my computer to my device.

I have installed the desktop software.  I attached using the USB cable and chose the option of using as a USB but I cannot see the media tranfer option on my device.

Any assistance is very much appreciated.

Doug

Toronto

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: Help! Getting music from my PC to my Torch

have you download blackberry media sync software from website it synced my itunes playlists onto my torch

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm stumped, too.  I need help with transferring music as well, but I'm trying to use WiFi music sync, which has worked in the past (although not always - that's probably another thread topic).

Anyway, since installing the .448 leak when I try to connect to WiFi music sync I see an update available.  But when I follow the link to update it takes me to a login page asking for a name and password.  Never saw this before.

Contributor

[ Edited ]
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have the torch and I just connect with the usb cable and press charge only then copy and paste directly to the media card or phone memory altho u can only transfer mp3 files I am guessing. I haven't found any other version that will play
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kristian, just curious - the link is for DM 5.01, released 10/20/10.

How does this differ from either of the BB programs I already have installed?

Desktop Software v 6.0.1.18 released 12/6/10 (Bundle 21)

Device Manager 6.0.0.13

If its the same, but an earlier version, is there a bug in later versions?

I'm wondering if I might have an issue with my Desktop Software version.  If I click on Music under Media Sync in the left column a messag appears in the main window.  It says "Music services failed to load. An unexpected error occured."

edit:  I didn't see the u.s. link earlier.  that link is for the same version I'm running.  Maybe I'll true removing and reinstalling.

Contributor

to be honest I am not sure I just used the blackberry media sync link that I posted and when I plugged my torch in it synced with my itunes I selected the playlists I wanted and synced straight away I didn't even try and use the desktop software

New Contributor

Thanks for the help everyone - still working on it as I have downloaded the media device - will let you know how it goes - old and slow computer I'm afraid

New Contributor

yikes - not getting anywhere with this!

Have tried both methods and I don't get the option of loading the songs onto my device!

Anyone else?

thanks

New Contributor

No luck on my end either.  I even removed and reinstalled Desktop Software.  Still getting the error message in DM.