Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Help! How to transfer BB Protect data from Bold onto Z10

I just got my new BBZ10 - traded in my old Bold for it. I backed up my data from my Bold onto blackberry protect, but I can't figure out how to transfer it onto my Z10. I no longer have access to my old phone because of the trade-in, so I can't use BB Link software or anything of the like. The information is all only backed up on BB Protect. Help!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Help! How to transfer BB Protect data from Bold onto Z10

Hi essa_g,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Currently you are unable to restore data from a previous model of BlackBerry smartphone to a BlackBerry Z10 smartphone using the BlackBerry Protect App. What you can do is perhaps borrow a previous model of BlackBerry smartphone that has been backed up and wiped, login to it with your BlackBerry ID and restore your BlackBerry Protect backup to it. You would then be able to use BlackBerry Link or your media card to transfer your data from it to your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone by following the steps in this article. "How to migrate data from a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 and above to BlackBerry 10" http://bbry.lv/11iNTBx

Let me know if this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Help! How to transfer BB Protect data from Bold onto Z10

Thank you! 

I will keep my ears open to see if I can get a hold of someone's old device. I will keep this in mind