Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Help?! How to turn off email notifications?

Can't figure out how to turn off the ringtone for email notifications.  I turned the volume to silent under set ringtones then messages but it still alerts me.  I need to be able to turn this off without turning the text messaging notification and phone calls notification off.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Re: Help?! How to turn off email notifications?

[ Edited ]
If you click on the sound profiles icon at the top left, then choose custom profiles (at the bottom of the list), this will allow you to set different alerts for each service on your Blackberry from the phone, SMS, MMS, and each individual email address and instant messaging service.  For email, you would choose Messages, then you should see an entry for each email address.  By clicking on the email address you should see the option for volume which you can set to silent.  Once you setup this new profile, you can activate it whenever you are in a situation where you still want your phone and sms ringers to sound but not your email notifications. 
Message Edited by bassist230 on 12-04-2008 03:21 PM
New Contributor

Thanks for the solution. Works perfectly!!:-)

Wow! Wish I would have checked here first. I am new to BB craze and so far am loving it. This was really easy to follow. Thanks 

I have tried your directions but I do not have a custom on the icon on the left is says advanced.  I keep trying to figure out how to have the ringer for the phone work and I am on a fire department and want the MMS (calls come thru there) to alert also.  Any Suggestions?
Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Firteachr wrote:
I have tried your directions but I do not have a custom on the icon on the left is says advanced.  I keep trying to figure out how to have the ringer for the phone work and I am on a fire department and want the MMS (calls come thru there) to alert also.  Any Suggestions?

Find the icon on your device that says Profile (on most Storm themes, it is located at the top left of the screen, and appears to be speaker symbol). Not on the full icon screen, but the "homescreen" that only shows two or three rows of icons when you hold the device upright, not horizontal.

Or on your mainscreen, find the one named "Sounds".

Then click on SET RINGTONES/ALERTS and then on MESSAGES and you will see MMS listed.

Do you really get your fire calls via MMS, not the phone, or SMS?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

look here, 

just below the battery symbol

home screen 2.jpg

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code