Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Help, I think my 8320 is dead, with red blinking light

Okay, my blackberry suddenly went off on me last, and leaving a red blinking light behine. I do not know what happen, it was in my pocket during the whole time and the last time I used it was sending a message to a friend last night. I thought the battery is dead so I went home and left it charging overnight.. Now, this morning. Nothing different, just sitting on my endtable with the usual red blinking light.

I've tried everything I can, I checked with the pocketmac update (finally updated), I've tried the soft reboot (ie: removing battery for 10 second before reinserting), did the same with both SIM and memory card out while doing the reboot, I have tried holding down alt + shift+ delete, nothing! I've checked for the application updates, and nothing...

I didn't drop it or dunk in water, nor any harm with the phone.  I only had it for 2 months. Can someone help me on this? Thanks!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310

Re: Help, I think my 8320 is dead, with red blinking light

If you have a PC available (as it won't work with a mac). You can reload the OS, but if it is only 4 months old another option is to return it. You maybe able to return it to the carrier, but if that doesn't work you can return it to RIM.