Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: company
Accepted Solution

Help! J:0x00000011 error during flashing

My 9900 doesn't work now since last OS update. In the end of the update, it showed that "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
Module incompatible. [J:0x00000011]
The update file "net_rim_crypto.cod" for application "BlackBerry Crypto Library" is not compatible with the version of the application that is installed on your device. Delete the application from your device, and then re-install the application. Warning: If you delete an application from your device, you also delete any device data that is associated with the application.

Anyone can help? Thanks!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Help! J:0x00000011 error during flashing

Hello sebastianx

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I suggest starting  all over again , for help you can refer to this Article How To Reload Your Operating System .

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi Prince2012,

Thanks for your suggestion. Before rebooting the system, I need to decide the suitable OS and download it. But I'm not sure who is the original service provider of my BB. Do you know any clue, such as IMEI or anything else, to figure out information about the service provider please? Thanks!

New Contributor

Hi Prince2012,

I reload the OS but still stuck on the same point.
Elite II

Hi sebastianx

It should have worked , but still if you're getting the same error then you have to use some 3rd party software to completely wipe your device .and load the OS back.

Please try those steps , I hope it will help :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then if it allow  perform your backup of your device.

4.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Use BBSAK from  http://bbsak.org/   and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 ( no OS ) then proceed to next step.

6. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

So try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi Prince2012,

Thanks for your patience.

I did excatly what you said but failed again. But there's one good thing that I found I can flash OS7.0 into the device. But  for 7.1, not possible as the mentioned problem.

Is it necessary to update to 7.1 then?

Elite II

Hi sebastianx

Can you share particularly at which stage you failed ?

Secondly if you're allowed to load OS 7.0 then you can also load OS 7.1 without any problem .

So please let us know in detail what problem you're having and at which stage .

New Contributor

Dear Prince2012,

I fixed it finally. Actually I mapped out the problem by all day thinking. To be short, I made it by changing to another PC with no BB Desktop installed before, then install everything and the problem solved. 

The reason probably is that too many OSs in my PC. I used 8700, 9000, 9780, 9788 and 9900, and always update by  the same BB Desktop. After analysis system files in my device, I found the version of the "net_rim_crypto.cod" is 5.0 while all the others are 7.1. So I guess there must be a wrong OS mixtures in the BB Desktop. Although I don't know how to find it, I believe changing a brand new PC to redo everything will work. And it did.

Thanks for your support, really inspiring and supportive!

Elite II

Hello sebastianx

Nice research and Its good  to hear that you're able to fix your device Smiley Happy

We should only install one device OS at a time in our PC or else it will be a mixture of OS  . On your PC go to Control panel > Add or remove Programm or Uninstall a program then locate and we should remove any additional BlackBerry Device Software  from our PC. 

But I am glad you're able to figure it out.

Cheers !