Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Help! - Missing message, email, camera icons on Bold 9000

[ Edited ]

Sat evening my battery apparently ran out of power completely.  When I tried to start it up, but there was no response so I plugged it in and got it recharged.  When it turned on, the text message icon, the email icon, the camera icon, and the Blackberry chat icon where all no longer there on the screen.  Also the "sound" icon in the upper left corner, you know the one to control whether the ring is loud, soft or vibrate, etc., is missing.  The screen saver I had is no longer on.  Instead a defaulted photo from Blackberry is now the screen saver.  I have some photos and important texts and emails which I need restored.  I also happened to hit the button on the bottom of the phone and a message icon appeared or re-appeared, however, it has only the saved registeration emails from Blackberry to the phone, one message when I registered on Jan 24th, and for back in Oct 28.  I bought the phone from an ATT store and they said it was new.  None of my previous messsages are are displayed under this "new" message icon.

Just curious if anyone knows of any quick fixes before I have to waste my time in line, then to have a cust rep, who knows about as much as this phone as myself, tell me it will have to be shipped to someplace and "restored".  Thank you very much.

DanT

PS - I just noticed the www browser is missing also. 

Message Edited by dant on 02-23-2009 10:08 AM
Message Edited by dant on 02-23-2009 01:28 PM
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Help! - Missing message, email, camera icons on Bold 9000

Try upgrading the device software using this link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03621&sliceId=1&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply.  A friend told me to turn off the BB, take out the battery and then turn it back on.  The BB took a couple mintues to come back on but that worked and everything was restored.  He explained that the BB goes thru a battery conservation process and shuts down programs in order to save power.  He thinks the current BB software apparently doesn't restored those programs it shut down.  Perhaps the software upgrade you suggested will do just that (?).  Anyhow, thanks for the effort. 

DanT

Message Edited by dant on 02-23-2009 01:32 PM
New Developer

I just got my new BBB and had problems with missing icons after downloading a new application. But after reading this thread, it's a miracle!!! It's all back on my home screen. You guys are the bestest.

[ Edited ]

Similar thing happened with me on 8900. I installed a few applications(free games and free themes) and then uninstalled them. After uninstalling, it asked me to reboot the phone. After reboot, then phone didn't come to home scree for almost 30 mins, and the blackberry logo kept displaying on a white background. I thought that something is wrong, and switched off and switched on the phone. But when it resoted, all the icons mentioned in the subject of this mail were missing.

After reading this thread, i did the same and everything came back to its normal.

You guys are too good. Thanks very much

Message Edited by gaurav on 07-03-2009 10:14 PM