Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

Help - My Flash light stays on constantly

My son brought me my phone yesterday and the flash light was on.  I don't know what he did to it but it will not turn off even if I power down my phone.  I have tried reseting and it doesn't work.  Any ideas?  I am also getting the error message when I open my camera that I must close other applications before it will let me run my camera.  Help!!!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help - My Flash light stays on constantly

You need to do a simple reboot. Don't power it down. Do it this way:

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Tried that, didn't work.  The minute I put the battery back in the light comes on.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

So... the camera flash is still on, even now?

And a reboot as I descibed doesn't work? Do it again, leave it powered ON, remove the battery this time for five minutes and replace the battery to reboot.

Any luck?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

No, the light is still on.  I tried doing the reboot many times and I even left my battery out all night last night.  The minute I put the battery back in the light comes on.  I don't even have to power up the phone.

Developer
My Device: 8350i for Nextel

If the reboot is not shutting it down, then you'll need to take it an authorized repair shop for your carrier.

If you don't pay for repair plan, then you really should since it could cover you for mishaps and other problems.

I have complete coverage so no matter what happens to the phone I don't ever pay anything. A few bucks extra a month is really worth knowing I won't have to pay for a new phone.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: tigo

Hi, I have the same problem on the light stays on at all times, I was wondering if you had a solution after all and wanted to share with me. Regards.

Emilio

My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: O2

I have this problem intermittantly, my solution is to slam the phone on a hard surface and this seems to fix it. I'm assuming it's a bad connection inside the phone.