Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help! My Storm keeps restarting when I'm texting, and it switches to Vibrate profile on it's own!!

Anyone know when RIM is coming out with a software upgrade to fix these issues?  I've had my VZW Storm since Dec 28 and I've already had to do two handset exchanges!  I just did the second one today, so I should get my new Storm phone later this week.  I've had many blackberries and this is the first I've had issues like this with.

Anyone know what the story is?

Thanks!

Brian

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Help! My Storm keeps restarting when I'm texting, and it switches to Vibrate profile on it's own

Hi Brian and welcome! You can look through this forum to see what issues others are experiencing...lots and lots of good information, helpful tips and tricks, etc. But, if you are indeed replacing your Storm right now, then it's probably better to wait until after that is complete before trying to diagnose anything. As for updates...the release dates never get formally pre-announced, but you can likewise find many theories in these forums about that. Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: Help! My Storm keeps restarting when I'm texting, and it switches to Vibrate profile on it's own

Well I'm really not looking to diagnose anything so much as see when RIM is planning on fixing it. Clearly its an issue; I've had to do 2 exchanges and my partner has done one as well. Anyone know how to communicate directly with RIM to ask? If this next one still has issues I may give HTC's touchflo a shot. If anyone knows anything feel free to share!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

To contact RIM, you can click on the "Contact us" link on the bottom of this page.

what exactly did you do after receiving your first device? Did you install applications? did you restore your data?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I sync'd with my outlook, which loaded all my contact, calendar, and task data.  Only app I installed was Visual Voicemail.  Later on, I installed the youtube app, but I was having issues before that.  My third device is supposed to arrive today.  We'll see how it goes.

I am on my third Storm and it keeps restarting on me, for no reason that I can tell. It will be sitting there, with no major apps running and it will flash and restart. This happens 2-3 times a day (that I notice). It has happened on all three Storms. Blackberry/Verizon says it isn't an issue... yeah, likely.

They need a big fix. This is a dog of a phone. 

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

It's coming.  With any luck, the new official OSes will begin getting released over the coming month and a half.  (But don't quote me).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm BB 9530T - Verizon

brianm96

Since the problems you describe do not happen to most of us, I don't think you can assume this is a software or design defect.  There is something going on with how your phone was set up.   Do you use Verizon?  If so, looking into the calling *228 procedure.   If this is not done, the phone will work much as you describe.

Regular Contributor

I had this random reboot problem with my second storm as soon as I got it.  I reloaded the phone software and had a tech at the store do it but it still rebooted on its own so they replaced it over a month ago.  I have not had a single reboot since then.
New Contributor

My storm does the same thing. I though maybe I was hitting a button, when the phone was in my pocket. The rebooting is fun too. Especially since it takes the phone 10 minutes to start up. I have talked with a couple people at verizon, and they all act so surprised to hear the phone has problems. I wish I had an answer for you on how to get it fixed, but you can rest in the fact that you are not alone.