01-27-2012 05:02 PM
My brother gave me his BB 8900. I've deleted his contacts every way I know how, and his contacts keep re-appearing on the phone.
1. I've deleted the contacts through the Desktop software
2. I've a clean list of my contacts on Gmail and Yahoo address book for syncing.
3. I've deleted my bro's contacts on the back-up folder contacts.
4. I've no entries in my SIM Phone Book.
5. I set the Address Book Wireless Synchronization field to No.
I get to the point where everything looks clean on handheld and phone ... and 30 minutes later the unconnected phone has somehow restored the (600) deleted contacts into the address book
Any idea what I'm missing? Thanks.
01-27-2012 11:11 PM
Interesting. A clean start could help because I don't know whats causing it. You've done some good troubleshooting so far.
I recommend wiping the device so you can setup from scratch. This guarantees nothing from your brothers settings remain.
go with option 5