Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Help Please! App Error 200 Reset

Blackberry Curve App error 200 reset received on white screen of Blackberry Curve 8300.  I have 4.5V of Desktop Manager and tried updating the device software, however it will not allow the update. 

I went to Desktop Manager, Application Loader Wizard, hooked up the phone.  I found the Port for the device and put in the device password, it started loading.   Then it came back with can not connect to device and stated that I needed to put in the password on the device.  Put it in the password on the device, and it still will not connect.  Please Help.....

Everything seems to come down the device password, which I know and keep putting in, but it will not connect.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  I realize that phone has no applications on it anymore and that is what needs to be restored, I just can't get it restored.

Thanks in advance

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Help Please! App Error 200 Reset

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the foums,

I would use JL_CMDR by D_FISHER:

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F
Message Edited by Bifocals on 01-17-2009 11:24 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: 8350i

I had the "app error 200" or "screen of death" issue today and, purely by luck, solved the problem. I'm running Vista and the Desktop Manager did not show my phones PIN in the bottom left. Just showed "NONE". After pushing the white ball to death resetting the phone, I downloaded and installed the new DEVICE SOFTWARE 4.6.?.? and installed it. plugged up the phone and started the desktop manager. Then started the Application Loader. It finally came to the screen where it shows all the apps to download to your phone. Go to "settings" and Check ONLY the box that says ERASE ALL APPLICATIONS. Then hit "Next". During the process, while your praying, the desktop manager will NOT show the PIN. It will still show "None". Be patient and walk away, it takes a while. Soon, your 8350i should be up and running. It fixed mine, however, I will say that I had my contact list backed up on my computer. Plus, I haven't had it 30 days yet so I had nothing to lose. GOOD LUCK!
New Contributor
My Device: 8350i

IN ADDITION TO PRIOR POST!!

I did NOT enter a password when prompted. I just hit "OK". I never enabled or set a password to begin with. BEFORE YOU START, Make sure you have then newest DESKTOP MANAGER (4.7 I think?). I put my disk (4.7) back in the CPU and clicked on the "Repair" button and it ran for a while and repaired some things, I think. Also, make sure to restart when prompted to do so. I still had problems and I finally found that the mistake I was making fell under the "Settings" menu described earlier. I was checking all the options (backup, delete and erase) and, by doing that, it never would recognize my device. When you check only the ERASE ALL APP. box, click OK and click next, the process starts. When done, it should reboot with the new device software (4.6.?.?) downloaded earlier.

My Device: curve
My Carrier: 9360

good