Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help Please!

Hey,

I'm new in bb and I bought the new bb curve 8900 from T-mobile, open it for orange, and I have a few problems:

1. How do I define my sim-car contact a the default for the phone (phone-book, SMS, calls...)

2. How do I change the main screen icons?  (for straight writing SMS....)

3. How I define that if there are no Wi-Fi the phone will automatic will use the GPRS?

4. How do I separate between the incoming\outgoing\saved SMS as a list?

5. The software told me that there are new updates for the phone. I have Hebrew on and I winder if the updates will delete the Hebrew and if I can go back after I'm updating and witch updates I can do with out hearting my Hebrew?

I know that I have a many problems but I'm new in it.....

Thanks for for any help!

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Help Please!

Hello, Daniel.

I'll try to give answers on some your questions.

1. How do I define my sim-card contact a the default for the phone (phone-book, SMS, calls...)

There is nothing like a default sim-card, Daniel. BlackBerry uses internal Address Book, and it is possible to copy contacts from sim-card to the device Address Book. SMS, phone logs are stored in device memory (not on sim-card).

2. How do I change the main screen icons?  (for straight writing SMS....)

If you want to change home screen appearance then change the current theme. On the device go to Options - Themes

And select a theme you want to set.

Note that it is possible to download and install themes from the Internet.

But be careful with that, get themes only from good and verified sources. And download themes exactly for your device.

An incorrect theme may brick your device.

5. The software told me that there are new updates for the phone. I have Hebrew on and I winder if the updates will delete the Hebrew and if I can go back after I'm updating and witch updates I can do with out hearting my Hebrew?

You can update device software online.

Connect your device via USB-cable to the computer.

Launch Internet Explorer

Open this address: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices/

Click on "Update Now"  button

Popup will be displayed, hit the "Options" button on this popup window.

And scroll down the list of available options, enable Hebrew language support and accept the changes, and complete the update process.

Do not disconnect your device until the process completely finished.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Help Please!

Thanks! It's helps!

if anyone have more suggestion's I will be pleased