Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Help Please!

I am sorry but this phone is making me want to pull my hair out..I am not that great at computers but this phone is complicated..and I can not find answers anywhere on line or in the book..

I have so many questions..hope I can post them all here?

1.why is there a green light flasing on the top corner of phone??

2.how do i set up my voicemail,,not the greeting but the password and to check to see if I have any messages?

3.when i hit profiles all i get is exception and can not do anything>>

ok will start with these..

somebody help me please before i throw this thing

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Help Please!

Start by doing a battery pull while the phone is on, wait 30 sec and re-install.  Wait the 1-3 min reboot time.  See if your profiles work.  The green flashing light is showing that you have network coverage.  The password for your voicemail is something you set up.  If you upgraded from a different phone, it will be the same password.  If you forgot you password, call customer service for a reset.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9530

Re: Help Please!

I find the BlackBerry interface to be extremely easy to use and very fast.  I used Palm prior to BB & didn't think I'd like it.  It took a little bit of time, but now I think both Palm's OS & Windows Mobile are overly complex.

The green light is a coverage indicator. You can turn it off by following these directions:

1.  Go to "Options" (the icon that looks like a wrench) from the desktop and select

2. Go to "Screen/Keyboard" and select

3. Scroll down to "LED Coverage Indicator" and change the option from "On" to "Off" by clicking, selecting "Off" and clicking again.

4. Hit "Escape" (button to the right of the track wheel) and click "Save"

You should now only get the green light while charging your phone.

Your voicemail setup is not specific to the type of phone you have.  That's something that is handled by your cell phone service provider.  If you call your phone number from your phone, it should take you into voicemail.  The provider can tell you how to go about getting your password if you don't have it.  Most providers assign the '1' key as the voicemail shortcut key on phones.  If you press & hold '1', you'll get to voicemail.  Typically, you don't have to enter a password when dialing from your phone, but that's an option that some proviers have and not all.

Getting "exception" when you hit Profiles sounds like an issue to me.  I've never seen that error, so perhaps you should call your provider's tech support.

Hope this helps!

Keith

Keith