Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Telkomsel

[Help] Restoring BBM contacts from BB Desktop Software for Mac

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I made a stupid mistake.

I had my old BB 8900 aka Javelin data moved to BB Desktop Software only (without backing up to anywhere else), and now I have a used BB 9790 aka Bellagio (just backed up and wiped). I tried to restore data using the BB Desktop Software for Mac but the only thing I have problem is the BBM contacts didn't get restore as well, which is the most important think! I have more than 700 contacts on my old Javelin, and I really need this so much. The message when I finished restoring to my 9790 is:

" You restored your device data using BB Desktop Software, but your BBM contacts are restored based on you Blackberry ID. To back up contacts, you can add them to BBM"

Can some one help me with this? I have the restore BBM contacts on the BB Desktop Software. 

Much appreciated

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: [Help] Restoring BBM contacts from BB Desktop Software for Mac

With the newer versions of BBM the contacts are all saved to your BlackBerry ID profile with no need for a backup. You can't restore from a backup file once you're using the new version BBM.

Do you know what version of BBM is on the old 8900?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!