Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Help! Timer shows, and then stalls the phone and kills the battery!

This has happened to me several times now.  I'll turn on my phone at the end of my work day (it's a personal phone), and the timer shows on the screen.  It goes around and around and around until the phone finally gives up and turns to "sleep" mode.  Eventually it will show the home screen, but then every time I push the screen to select something, it does the same "timer" thing.  I can't make calls, look at emails, or anything.  I just keeps timing out.  The only thing that has fixed it, is recharging the phone.  However, the phone had a full charge two nights ago and still did this to me.  The timer ended up using 3 bars of battery juice in 20 minutes before I gave up on using it.  Even now, the timer still shows up where it normally wouldn't .  I screen lock my phone to put it in my purse, and so the timer shows every time I unlock it - it didn't used to.

I did just upload the most recent updates to my Blackberry - could this have caused it?  Help!  These issues are rendering my phone useless!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Help! Timer shows, and then stalls the phone and kills the battery!

Hi alcstorm,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Try backing up your BlackBerry using the Desktop Manager and doing a clean reload of the device software. http://bbry.lv/bpv7DT Then perform a selective restore of data from your backup file, restoring essential data only. http://bbry.lv/bhaArf

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!