11-12-2013 04:27 PM
I have a BB Torch 9800 OS V.6.0 which I have been happy with since recieving it in in 2011 however I recently downloaded the latest PC software onto my desktop for windos XP.
The latest version indicicated V.7.0 which I downloaded and connected up my Torch to the PC with the required data cable.
My phone has since crashed after the Updated software was installed and now I am unable to use the phone for any other purpose other than to make a simple phone call.Mybattery does not last a few hours and the hour glass keeps popping up which is most fustrationg.
Virgin Media have kindly tried to assist me with all resets,deletions etc and with No success at all.I am so disapointed at the loss of my Mobile that I never want too se another BB again.
This is my last chance to redeem any sort of satisfaction in getting my 9800 tORCH phone back.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-12-2013 08:33 PM
Downgrading the OS...
the best way to upgrade or downgrade is google your BB model
and download the latest O/S available.
it doesnt have to be from your carrier, you can use O/S from any carrier you like.
- install DM and O/S on your PC
- download BBsak and install on your PC
- backup your BB twice using DM, in case one of them is corrupt.
- run BBsak and choose "wipe device" , wait untill you get error 507
- go to my computer - local disk C - program files - common files - Research In Motion -
Apploader and delete Vendor XML
- double click on Loader, and just install the new O/S
- once its done, reboot the BB, then using DM to restore your back up
- done !
VIA | icedgorilla
Regarding downgrading the OS you can try those simple steps :
1.Locate and Download the OS you desire from here BlackBerry Software Download Site
2. Now Double Click on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC
3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software
4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders :
5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe.
Downgarde will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop
As you already downloaded the OS pack so you can skip # steps 1 , and continue with the rest .But please note don't Install multiple OS pack on your PC , if you already have any other OS pack install in your PC other then the one you'll be using then Uninstall it .
VIA | prince2012
11-13-2013 03:56 PM
Hey all I have my BB Torch 9800 Back!!!! Yes sireeeee.. Many thanks to Icedgorilla and Prince2012 !! You guys are great.
both your mails backed each other up and created certainty into an area I have never ventured!! both contributed equally and I am most grateful to you guys and everone else on here.
Love you guys ...
11-13-2013 05:22 PM
Welcome to the Community!