Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Help desperately needed - I can't read my PIN messages.

I have a Storm 9500 and can't find out how to read my PIN messages. I'm working away from home and thus my manual, and for all the google/BlackBerry forum searches I've done, no one explains how you read them, only send them. 

My mate with a new Curve has taken my PIN and mailed me, and all I get is the envelope in the top left corner with an increasing number which has got to be the PIN messages, as my email is all set up and working correctly (and the number goes down when I delete the emails). There's got to be simple set up procedure, but for the life of me I can't find it!

I called Vodafone who were unable to help, as BlackBerry do not support PIN message!!(?)

I just want the bl**dy envelopes to disappear!! Please help. 

Nat  :-(

Re: Help desperately needed - I can't read my PIN messages.

PIN messages are not kept in the "SMS and MMS" folder as your normal text messsages.  They are in the "Messages" folder and PIN messages are RED in color.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

ethosb is correct, and if you're still having troubles finding it, it may be because you have hidden your main Messages folder.  In the home screen, press the BB Menu button and select to Show All.  You should then be able to find the Messages folder with the PIN message from your friend.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Thank you sooo much Krypto, yep I'd hidden it. Knew it'd be simple!

My phone looks really weird now there's not envelopes continuously in the corner.

Cheers, Nat :-)

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Lol, it's always like that, isn't it?

Glad we were able to sort it out!  Have a great day and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.  Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

My PIN message sound went off 3 times, I've never read a PIN message before, but all there was on my phone was the PIN message sound, nothing else, no notifications or anything, just the sound, what does this mean and how do I read PIN messages?

and please do not say its a hidden thing or a setting, as I have tried everything including sending it away for diagnostics which showed nothing. so please don't mock my intellect by saying it's something 'obvious'.

Thanks