Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Help don't know my PIN

Hi,

I stopped using my Blackberry when all the side buttons stopped working - the only way to unlock my phone was to power it down then 'press any key' before it switched off.  I bought a cheap phone (a Samsung ch@t - possibly the worst phone I have ever used) for the short-term but it was driving me insane so I decided to start using my BB again.  When I put a pay-as-you-go SIM in it asks for my password which it is fine - I remember that.  However, when I put my original O2 SIM in it asks for a PIN but I have no idea what this is, nor remember choosing one.

So (sorry to be long winded) is there any way to retrieve the PIN or make the phone ask for my password instead?  It only says I have three attempts - there's no data on there that I am bothered about losing just my contacts.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

h-e-n-d-y

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Help don't know my PIN

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

That particular PIN is associated directly to the SIM...you need that PIN to unlock and use the SIM. The SIM provider would have to give you the PIN for it. And no, you cannot skip that step.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Thanks I'll pester O2

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are welcome...good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................