Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help for Email issue please

Hi everyone,

I recently got a new blackberry bold here in the UK. I have never really used or needed to use smartphones for myself but I kind of like the fact I get my emails from my work and personal emails sent to my phone for easy access. Now I am not technically minded so jargon like check BIS and BES and things like that I have searched and read people mentioning are a martian dialect as far as I am concerned (and its positively plutonian for support help at THREE(UK) who state blackberry is really new for them and they said better to ask Blackberry directly (at least they were honest))! I hope someone can help me solve this one issue I am having in a simple way:

I would like to setup a general folder on my blackberry bold (either Junk or Other) and be able to filter emails which ARRIVE on my blackberry bold into one of these folders. I have seen the forum and everyone mentions changing the filter/spam options on the server but I do not want to do that as I cannot for some things and its not always spam I am looking to filter. In general I get a 1000 emails a day which my server filters with the email subject beginning with "******SPAM******" - so primarily I would like to automatically have the inbox on my phone move those emails to a Junk folder which i can check later. BUT I would also like other folders where I can filter out specific emails, with specific subjects or email addresses. Can this be done (this is an email orientated device right!)? If not are their 3rd party applications?

Your help would really be appreciated, thanks! 

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help for Email issue please

Plain talk: No, you cannot.

There is one third party application, AntAir Spam filter that might work for you, try it out.

Otherwise, although you do not WANT to filter spam at the server level, that really is the best way.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Okay cool - but i don't get why a common tool in folders and filtering rules are not standard on a blackberry email device!?

What happens if I have an IMAP email which has folders on the server with filters there? Do I see those folders including the inbox on my blackberry?

I will check out the AntAir...ermm on a sidenote, often when I try to log into Blackberry app worlds on my phone, I get Time out errors or DNS errors and it closes down the application. I get access a few hours later - is this something to do specifically with blackberry app world and it going down every now and then for updates?

Oh and Thanks alot, JSanders for your quick response!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Well you beginning to see more this integration in to personal BIS accounts with the newly released GMail plug in which does allow seeing folders on the server, searching the remote server, etc.

For the AppWorld issue, I am just betting it's a data glitch or BIS intermittant problem. For instance, on Tuesday of this week, RIM's BIS data was down at times across the US... anyone "might" have encountered an issue that day.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor

Wowzers! That application costs £35! Just for the ability to make filter rules and folders on my blackberry device! That is annoying - anyone know any other 3rd party app which is good?

Plus anyone know what the SV symbol indicates which pops up in the top right of my screen while browsing often.

Thanks and regardds