Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Lebara NL

Help for case number: 25864413

[ Edited ]

1st of All, Hello Rim, BlackBerry and World,

Since 3years i use BlackBerry after losing my love for Nokia.

I used over the years 9700, 9780 and since last friday a 9900, and the 9900 is bringing me lot of problems i tell:

After doing some reading on web (CrackBerry, BBos, N4BB) how to switch devices with Destop Manager. After reading i decide to do the switch with DM but only to choice Personal Data transfer. This because i know my BBID knows what apps i had on my last 9780. So i wipe the device and put in the latest offcial OS 7.1.0.746, all this was going 100% good, and my BlackBerry 9900 was rebooting and showing action Smiley Very Happy. Now the problem begins....I have made a back up of my 9780, and i complete deleted my BBID and email settings from my older 9780, so it is not connected with my BBID.

In my device i go to options - device - BlackBerry ID, and put in my BBID that i used on 9780, my device ask me: Your BBID will be connect with this device OK? Yes Offcourse ok, so it loads my information and it shows 100% correct. Then i went to App World - MyWorld, and it loads normaly, it show a popup "Refreshing Applications List". This takes about 2-5 minuts, and then a pop up: An Error occured while updating your application list. Ok this can happend.

I did battery pull and restart my 9900, and resent my Host Routing. I got message that i was on BlackBerry Services. I again go to App world, and did a ALT+RST, and go again to appWorld - MyWorld. After 2-5 min of refresh my application list i again got the pop-up: An Error occured while updating your application list. I have try my sim card in my older 9780 and put in my BBID and app world is runing fine. I then downgraded my App world to 3.1.4.25, and try to refresh my list again, same error came up. So i called BlackBerry Support (great guys and girls there that know where they talking about). They say to me to wipe again my 9780 and after that wipe my 9900 and reload a older os. This is what i did, and connect my 9900 with my BBID.

And what do u think.... I still got the error An Error occured while updating your application list

I don't know what to do anymore, the only way to load my older application is my go with internet explorer to app world connect my 9900 and load the apps from the (not even all app will load from the website to my 9900).

Any one here know what i have to do? The 9900 has NOT a ITPolicy on it, and it is on T-Mobile NL BIS account. I get emails and i even can login on BBM7, that i also connect with my BBID.

Please help me, solve this!!!!!!!

Thanks and Regards Danny

Device info:

Bold 9900

App World 4.0.0.63 (after i updated my BBID i got 4.0.0.65)

Contributor

Re: Help for case number: 25864413

is there realy no one from rim that can help me?

I still having the problems refreshing my application list in app world on my device.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Just so you are aware...when you signed up to this site, you were presented with certain sets of documentation concerning the purpose and acceptable use of this site. To reiterate (paraphrase) that for you now...this site is a user-to-user community. It is not a user-to/from-RIM channel for any formal communications whatsoever. Hence, the answer to your question would be no...no one from RIM can formally answer your question here. All escalations are contractually bound to follow your formal support channel...the place where you currently have an open ticket can escalate into RIM if required, but you have no free path by which to bypass them. You must first escalate through them, to higher and higher levels of their management if necessary, until such point as they agree to escalate into RIM. Such is the nature of the contractually required support channel...and all parties (the carriers, service centers, RIM, and indeed the end users) are bound by that contract to which they agreed upon purchase/subscription for services.

I wish there were a better answer for you, but sadly at this time there is not.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thanks for the info, i didn't know this is a user to user community.

I was hoping some1 here maybe had the same issue before and was able te help me here.

I keep fingers crosst that someone will stand up and can help me.