Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobilw

Help needed asap with password

I got my mom a Blackberry from T-Mobile. She used it fine. Recently the phone screen locked saying to enter a password. Because my mom isnt tech savy(and neither am i, thats why i am here for help),  she cant explain how it happened. she said that dad changed the email password and thats why the phone isnt working. not connected at all i know. on the screen it reads Enter passwordSmiley Sad8/10)

Dont want to lock it up by trying to enter more incorrect passwords. T-Mobile said to contact blackberry support.

When I go to the blackberry desktop sotfware, it reads the same message. 

how do i get rid of this password message and she will be able to use her phone?

Thanks!!!!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobilw

Re: Help needed asap with password

Don't worry. I opted to use all 10 attempts to lock it, erase everything and start over!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Help needed asap with password

Hello,

Just to provide the answer -- what you did was actually the ONLY thing to do if that user-created device-lock password is not known. There is no "backdoor" nor "master" nor "override" password to otherwise unlock a BB that is secured with a device-lock password. Such is one of the reasons that BBs retain their ranking as having the highest security of all mobile devices.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................