Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Help! patch on screen.

I put my Blackberry 8520 into repair because the scroller broke for the 3rd time. Anyway, I got it back yesterday and it works fine except there is a very small patch in the middle of my screen. It's not noticeable when  I'm on my home screen,photos etc. only on the black screen when you lock your phone. However it is still there because whenever I apply pressure to the corners of my screen or even the spot it moves around And I see it moving. It gets bigger and moves when I touch it but then goes straight back to the same size as before and back to the middle When I let go. My friend suggested water was in it but I don't think so. Please help. It doesnt bother me that much only when its on my black screen. will it grow bigger or Do I have to put it in repair again? Id rather not as that took forever.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: Help! patch on screen.

Hello

If your friend is correct try leaving the phone in some uncooked rice for 3-5 days ....it removes water , if moisture is the culprit here hopefully the problem will be solved.

Better than rice is dessicant.