Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin

Help please!

My internet on my phone was playing up so I pulled out the battery and restarted my phone, when it started up the internet was working fine but I had a different problem it said something about a problem with the storage at first I thought it was my media card so took that out and back in etc but turns out its the built in storage, it came up with an option to repair and save clusters so I clicked 'yes' but it failed within a second, I've tried this multiple times and still nothing. Now my pictures, chat history, videos etc from built in storage are gone Smiley Sad really need them back! I can't find the cable to connect blackberry to computer so this isn't an option right now. Any ideas/help? I don't really want to format it and start over, I want my pictures etc back..
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Help please!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I think I understand you...please pardon that I have trouble reading things that lack useful punctuation and such. So, if I understand you, your internal memory (did it say "Device Memory" perhaps") is reporting errors with clusters, and the repair options do not succeed. Is that right?

If so, then I do hope that you already have a good backup of your BB...for it is highly likely that your data is already gone. I have read of service providers who claim to be able to recover things, but I've never looked deeply at them, and I suspect they are not inexpensive.

As it stands, your BB is useless...without a proper USB cable, there is nothing you can to do try and repair/recover anything at all. So, your first step is a cable...then you can try and proceed with a clean OS reload (there is no such thing as "format" on BB) and see if you get lucky.

I would deduce, however, that you won't get lucky. The internal memory is failing, and no amount of software/OS tricks can do anything about that...it's a hardware issue.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin

Thanks for the advice, I've found the cable to connect to the computer now. I did read there might be a way to sort this problem out through windows but I'm confused on how this works?
And it says 'Built-in storage not accessible due to detected errors. Do you wish to repair it now?' And I've clicked yes repeatedly on my phone but it says it failed everytime :/
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB26025 “Built in media storage not accessible due to detected errors. Would you like to repair?" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................