Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Help restoring my address book???

I have had my blackberry 8310 for a couple of months.  I downloaded the desktop/device software yesterday.  This morning when I connected my device to my pc..........I have lost me phonebook.  The sims phone book is still in the device somewhere.  But, I can not get my good phonebook back.  Help!!!!!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Help restoring my address book???

similar thing happened to me on my old 8703e. After synch'ing with desktop I lost all my phone book entries..  I simply crashed the device (pulled the battery) then resynch'd and poof! there it was. 

Good Luck!

Developer
My Device: 8520, 9700

Re: Help restoring my address book???

Hi,

Have you made backups of your device recently?

If not and you have had the device connected with the Desktop Manager, look for a file named as 'LoaderBackup({date}).ipd. This should be in My Documents folder or on the desktop if the Desktop Manager was left as default options.

If found:

Connect device via USB

Start Desktop Manager

Open Backup/Restore

Click Advanced

File | Open

Browser to LoaderBackup file and select and open.

Highlight Addressbook and click the  Right Pointing Arrow.

If this is not found:

I would recommend syncing from your Mail Client and ensuring this is up to date with regular sync with the device.

Provided the Mail Client you use is a supported by the Desktop Manager Connectors.

Act3 Companion Connector v3
GroupWise 6.5
ISGroupWise6.5.X
Lotus Notes5.0
Lotus Organizer 6.0 Connector
MS Outlook Connector
OE Connector
Yahoo Connector