Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8330 Curve

Help setting up sync w/ outlook

Hello all,

I just received a Blackberry 8330 from work. Brought it home, installed Blackberry Desktop Manager. I had a clean install of Outlook 2003 on my computer, so I opened it up, created a contact, and synced it to the blackberry with no problem. I was delighted, so I went ahead and hooked up Outlook to our Exchange Server at work and downloaded all my email, contacts, etc. (I usually just used the Exchange Server web interface from home, but figured that if I downloaded all my contacts I could just sync them right up to the blackberry and be done with it). Well, once Outlook was hooked up to the Exchange Server, I was no longer able to sync the contacts or calendar. I tried checking the mapping and stuff, and was only able to find one instance of anything mentioning Outlook's calendar or contacts. What step am I missing here? Thanks!! 

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help setting up sync w/ outlook

In your calendar options, turn off wireless reconcile for the address book, then it should sync fine with desktop manager.

Remember to turn it back On afterwards.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

When I go calendar -> options it gives me 3 choices, General Options, then an option for each of the 2 email addresses I have. Under general options it doesn't give me any choices like that. Under the email addresses, it has an option for Wireless Synchronization which is set to "No" for both, and won't let me change it to "Yes" if I tried.
Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Then (I am guessing) that function has been diabled by your BES Admin?

I am asking another user here to look at this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Sprint

dfinkle wrote:
When I go calendar -> options it gives me 3 choices, General Options, then an option for each of the 2 email addresses I have. Under general options it doesn't give me any choices like that. Under the email addresses, it has an option for Wireless Synchronization which is set to "No" for both, and won't let me change it to "Yes" if I tried.

What OS are you running on this device?

If you click on the work email address, you are not able to change the sync from Yes to No?  You won't be able to change it for the other account since it's a BIS account (a personal account not tied to the corporate BB server).

Maybe I'm missing something....

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
New Contributor

Under info it says Blackberry 8330 Smartphone (CDMA) v4.3.0.127... so I'm guessing the OS is v4.3.0.127?

At work we have Microsoft Exchange Server, which I can in turn configure my Outlook at home to behave just like my Outlook at work (has all my email, contacts, calendar, etc) by setting it up with the correct IP address, etc. What I wanted to do, is now that my Outloook at home has all the same info as my Outlook at work, I wanted to be able to plug in the blackberry and have it download all my calendar and contact info. As I said, it seemed to work fine until I configured my Outlook to sync with the MS Exchange Server. After reading around a bit, I am thinking that maybe this is not possible to do without laying out the four grand for Blackberry Enterprise Server?

My initial impression was that BB Enterprise Server would continually update the calendar, contacts, etc on my phone just like it already does with my email. But, if we could settle with just updating them by plugging it in, syncing with BB Desktop Manager would basically do the same job. Perhaps I am mistaken with this?

Sorry, like I said this is my first blackberry and I'm not too familiar with how they work. Sorry for not being clear about everything. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Anyone have any idea?