Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help, volume during call out of control

hello, i recently purchased an 8320 off the internet the other day and I have this problem where during phone calls, the volume key goes up and down by itself. i obviously can't do a warranty exchange because unfourtunately, the warranty isn't under my name. i performed a master reset where i wiped out the entire phone and still the problem persists! any clue how to fix it??Smiley Sad
Regular Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8130

Re: Help, volume during call out of control

How did you do a hard reset?

New Contributor

Umm i did it 2 ways...i wiped it out first by typing in blackberry and then i did the alt, right shift, and del button...and it still didnt work lol!
Regular Contributor

Oh wow, then it definately sounds like it needs to be replaced. Hard reset restores the software back to original defaults. Are you using any third party applications?
New Contributor

Well the phone did have 3rd party applications at first, but of course after the master resets they were gone. Now, after talking to tech support, they stated that the problem sounds like a software issue and he recommended that I download the application loader and pretty much wipe out the entire operating system of the phone and start from scratch. He said it pretty much sounds like a bug and that 90% of the times, performing this reset will fix any problems the phone is giving!
Regular Contributor

Hmm, thats very interesting. Usually the hard reset will wipe the device and replace everything with a ROM image on the device which reinstalls everything on the phone back to factory defaults.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this? Thanks.