Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Help with BB Torch!!

Hey,

i've recently purchased a Blackberry Torch a couple of weeks ago. It was fine to begin with. But now, whenever somebody tries to ring me, it goes straight to voicemail, and then sends me a text message a few hours later telling me i had a missed call. Every now and then it will actually ring, but more often than not, it doesn't. 

I went into the Carphone Warehouse (where i purchased the phone from) and they said that it could be that there is software that needs updating, and that i can do that myself using my laptop. However, i haven't figured out how to do it yet. Is anyone haing similar problems? Or can anyone help with the updating?

Thankyou!!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Help with BB Torch!!

Have you tried a battery pull yet to see if that doesn't fix your issue?  Sometimes these devices need a "kick in the rear", so to speak, to work out pesky little issues like this.

With the device powered on, remove the battery cover, then remove the battery itself.  Let it sit a good 5-10 minutes, then replace the battery, let the device boot up and check your issue again.

If that doesn't do the trick, please report back here and we'll look into upgrading your software.

What version of OS do you have on your phone?

You can check a couple of ways:  Options>Device>About Device Versions is one.  OS will be in the third line down (v6.0.0.xxx).  Or you can open a message as if you were about to compose an e-mail, then in the body of the e-mail type "myver" without the quotes, then a space and it will show your version there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

Thankyou, i think the OS is V6.0.0.246

I will try pulling the battery now and see if that works! (Fingers crossed)! Will let you know how it goes!

New Contributor

OhSmiley Sad no, the battery pull didn't work, still going straight to voicemail and sending a text message.   

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Okay, let's try the OS upgrade then.

Have you done one before?

You'll need the latest version of Desktop Manager which you can get here.

You'll need the latest official version of the OS which you can find here.

Once you have those downloaded, you can follow these instructions for upgrading your software.

Before the upgrade, though, you'll need to navigate to c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader on your PC.  At the bottom of the list of files is one called vendor.xml.  You'll need to delete that.

Come back here if you have questions or need help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

When i clickon the first link that you gave me, which product do i download??

New Contributor

Just today, my phone has started to turn all connections off by itself. Do you think it will be something to do with the software? or do you think the handset itself is faulty?!