Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Help with File System Full

I've recently come across the "File System Full" problem on my Blackberry Pearl. I've searched a few other posts and tried a couple different solutions but so far nothing has worked for me. I've tried changing the Device Memory Limit. I have it at 5MB right now. I also have a memory card in the phone, although it is small. I had the camera set to save pictures straight into the memory card, and I've tried switching it back to device memory which didn't help either. I've deleted all the photos off the memory card, and some off the phone as well but when I try to move a picture from the device memory to the memory card it tells me the File System is full. I removed the memory card and when I did that it showed that there were no photos on my phone.. and when I put the memory card into my old phone to see if I could access the photos on it, it also showed that there was nothing on the memory card, so now I am extremely confused with all this! 

Can someone please help me solve my problem?! 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Help with File System Full

Hi and welcome to the forums!

There is insufficient memory available on the BlackBerry smartphone, or the Content Store database is corrupt.

"File System Full" error appears on the BlackBerry smartphone 

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Help with File System Full

It might be time to start sending pics/files to your email acct. That's what I had to do,I'd take pics and it would tell me it couldn't save to card. I had to start sending and deleting pics to make more space