Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help with Memory on my 8310 from AT&T.

[ Edited ]

My phone has been running slow. I have browsed around the forums and tried most of the device I have come across.

Here is my device information:

Model: 8310

Software: 4.2.2.170 (Platform 2.5.0.30)

I was wondering if there was anything else I could try to free up some more memory. I have closed all running applications, checked for media items stored on device memory, deleted those applications that I rarely use, cleaned up my email and SMS inboxes, cleared the Browser catch and performed a soft-reset.  

I also have some questions about the Application List under Options > Advanced Options > Applications. What do the bolded application names mean? On my device Google Maps and AT&T Navigator (Navigator has since been deleted in an attempt to free up memory) are the only two that are.

I also have a question about some items listed under Database Sizes. The total size is 900.7K. Looking through I noticed an entry titled "Content Store." I do not know what this database entry could be associated with and it is over half of my total Database size at 496.3K with 32 entries.

Immediatly after a soft reset, my memory info is as follows:

File Free: 14070712

File Total: 58064896

14MB seems low for free memory and 58MB seems low for my total memory, based on what I have seen posted in other threads.

Thanks in advance for the help.

eashmore

Message Edited by eashmore on 09-22-2008 02:07 PM
Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help with Memory on my 8310 from AT&T.

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Read this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/116396-managing-your-bb-memory-lost-ca...

And this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-opt...

Your content store contains pictures and other media content stored on the smartphone.

58MB file total is fairly normal, that number will vary according to your settings of some reserve picture memory and other settings. Eitherway, your total file is 64MB that the device came with.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Help with Memory on my 8310 from AT&T.

Thank you for all of your help.

I have just one more question. In the method outlined in the second link you posted, can this be done from a Mac using PocketMac for BlackBerry? 

Thanks, 

eashmore