09-11-2008 11:56 PM
Looking at the desription for the Blackberry Desktop Software gets me confused. I downloaded the latest version 4.6 and I don't see anywhere to "Synchronize your email and organizer information (calendar, contacts, memos and tasks) between your BlackBerry smartphone and your PC." I have a Pearl 8130 for Verizon BTW.
If someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Mostly I want to import my contacts from Windows Live and be able to coordinate e-mail better. I recieve my e-mail immediately but don't have access to folders and older messages.
09-12-2008 09:59 AM
The following steps will help youe to configure synchronization -
- Connect your device using Desktop Manager and click on Synchronization
- From the menu on the left click Synchronization under Configuration
- Again click Synchronization button on the right which will give you option to Select Device Application that you want to synchronize
- Put the check mark and you'll get a prompt to Select Desktop Application
- Highlight the application name and click next button
- Under Synchronization Option you get Direction of Synchronization
- Check the radio button with Two way sync
Note: above mentioned steps are explained as per Desltop Manager 4.5
Example: Synchronize addressbook -
Connect you HH with your desktop Manager in your PC. If you device is set to wireless sync then you need to turn off wireless synchronization. To do so go to Address Book -> click Menu -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization: No -> click Menu and Save the changes.
Click on the Synchronize button on Desktop Manager -> Click on Configuration Tab then click on Configure Synchronization -> Click on Choose under Address Book (on the right side of the pop up window) -> Click on you organizer apps (like, MS outlook, Lotus notes etc) -> Select desired apps -> select Synchronization radio button and click OK twice go back to Synchronize tab ->click on Synchronize Now.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
10-16-2008 01:26 PM - edited 10-16-2008 01:28 PM
I am not seeing the options under the address book in my BB to turn on.
Address Book -> click Menu -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization: Yes/No ->
I have sync the address book thru the USB, but when I add another contact in my outlook, it does not sync over to my BB via wireless.
10-20-2008 12:47 PM