Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Help with update for Dataviz

Here's my problem.

I get a popup on my torch telling me there is an update available from dataviz.

I'm presently running version 2.0005(076).

When I click yes to update I get to a screen that says "Cannot determine if there is an update for your device.  Contact dataviz. 

Contact dataviz?  HA! There is no one to contact at dataviz.. Believe me, I've searched.  I've also searched for a solution to my problem.  I can not find a thing and I'm finding it hard to believe that I am the only Torch user having this problem.

So if anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help with update for Dataviz

For DataViz support, that now comes from RIM (who bought DataViz.

So, call your service provider for support on this, and if needed they will, or you should request, that the issue be escalated to RIM level tech support.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Yeah I read about the RIM/Dataviz pairing on my many searches.

I was sort of hoping that someone here may have experienced the same problem and could provide a solution to my problem, vs hanging out on the phone all day with AT&T.  Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ol, I understand that Smiley Wink

Try it this way, open your WordToGo applicaiton and click the Menu key > Check for Updates.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I just tried update through Docs to go and here's the crazy thing, I had a palm before the BB and a pop up tells me I have the latest version, but then when I looked closely it was telling me I had the latest updates for the Palm, when I changed my device, the same old original thing, "cannot determine.....blah blah blah).  So now I want to know how to find my updates AND how to get Dataviz to get rid of my old Palm!!

gaahhh

New Contributor

Now that I think of it, I might just uninstall docs to go from my BB and try reinstalling it and see if it's one of those lovely glitches in the original installation. Now if I can figure out how to uninstall, that would be grand.

Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

i have the exact same problem. when i created my account for dataviz i had the storm. so whenever i select  "Check For Updates", it takes me to the download page where the download link is an older version than what i have installed and shows that the device i have registered is for the storm 9500 Smiley Indifferent

the documents to go version i have installed is 2.0005.081 and apparently the updated version is 2.0004.018   ....? which looks like a downgrade to me. i kno the documents to go i have installed is the stock version that already came pre-installed on the torch so i don't want to downgrade to a lower version and not be able to get the original stock version back.

i'll give it a try anyway and see what happens and keep you guys posted.

..miz melly jelly.. - click to follow on Twitter!

Don't forget to Kudos me Smiley Happy