Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help wth contact info showing blank

I had a 8310 and just switched to a bold thinking it was going to help with my problem but still.

Sometimes through out the day i will get an email message that when i try to reply to it show the email address as empty even though the name of the contacts does show in the To: line. When i go to my contacts folder, the contact is in fact there with no contact information.
To fix this i have to reset the device and then i'm able to reply or look at the contact information.
Is there a fix for this?

Regular Contributor

Re: Help wth contact info showing blank

what happens when you press the Q key on the contact on that To: line? does it show the email atleast?
Contributor

Honestly i have not tried that, what is supposed to happen when pressing Q?, i'll try next time it happens.
Regular Contributor

it should show the email and if you press Q again it shows the name.
Highlighted
Contributor

I'll try that but i have tried Menu > show address and it does not change to show the address, just shows the name, that is when i have switched to go to the contacts folder and the whole info is gone for that contact, after resetting then everything is there again.