Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Help

Hi Guys and Gals,

I need some serious help. When I received my Blackberry I created a Blackberry ID not realising how important it would be. I have since lost the password and cannot reset it because the e-mail address I connected to the Blackberry ID I also have no password for and cannot set up the e-mail account to receive my reset e-mail. 

Please help. 

Super Contributor
My Device: Xperia Ray
My Carrier: Dhiraagu Maldives

Re: Help

[ Edited ]

You may have to refer below article.

KB26694 - How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I need to get the original ID back so that I can log into Blackberry Protect to retrieve all my data such as photos of my son who was born 2 months ago. My wife is not happy that these photo's have been lost

Super Contributor

Great! I'm glad that you didn't put yourself in trouble.. Anyways, have a good one Smiley Wink

.RoCkInG dUdE.
New Contributor

Hi I think you read the last comment incorrectly. I am in trouble. the article you referred me to only allows you to create a new ID by wiping the handset. I need to get into my original account to retrieve my data.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry, I misread it yeah.. Are those pictures saved in your device memory or phone memory.. Nevertherless, again go through the above article & read under "Changing the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry smartphone".. 

I think unless you have access to the current created BB ID's email credentials, you will not be able to recover the account nor the phone info (without accessing or if you don't have a back-up).. But as the article says that you can take a back-up, wipe the device then fill up with the new BB ID, and restore the DATA's using desktop manager..

Please read the underlined heading at KB26694 Smiley Happy

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Wikus007 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I need to get the original ID back so that I can log into Blackberry Protect to retrieve all my data such as photos of my son who was born 2 months ago. My wife is not happy that these photo's have been lost

Hello,

I am not sure I understand the link between your BlackBerryID and those pictures. Why are those pictures lost exactly? Are you sure they are lost?

That being said, I would like to notify you that BlackBerry Protect does backups for the following data types:

• addressbook (contacts)
  • SMS messages
  • calendar events
  • Browser bookmarks

Pictures are not backed up (except the tiny contact pictures).

so regarding your pictures:

• if they are on a memory card, you can view them by simply reading the memory card with any reader
  • if they are on the device memory, then if you have in the past made a backup after the pictures were taken, you can restore them (with the BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: