Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9860
My Carrier: rogers

Help

I bought a bb torch as a silent auction at a recent charity event. I just had it activated and the screen says SIM card is invalid, yet it works on my other cell phone, plus the screen says the phone is locked. When it asked it I want it unlocked and I hit "yes". It won't take me to the where I need to provide a code, even though I don't have a code to unlock it. Rogers says the phone is defective, rim says without a warranty from the point of purchase I am out of luck. Any solutions would be appreciated. The stores I have taken it to for assistance have all said the same thing. Contact RIM, but I an getting no where with the company. Anyone have any ideas or the apple address?
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Help

First, you need to gain access to the device. You will need to enter an incorrect password 10 times. Once you have entered 10 incorrect passwords the device will wipe itself of any user data and you will be able to enter a new password or remove the password requirement altogether.

As for the Invalid sim card we need to see if the device is sim locked to a different carrier which we can only do once you gain access to the device. Is there a branding on the device? Is it a Rogers device? Wind?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Thanks for the info. I'll try to put in the invalid pass code. The service provider on my other phone is Rogers, and when they tried a few different SIM cards all said "invalid" does this mean I should take it to Bell or Telus? Thanks again.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Does it have a brand splash screen when the phone boots up? Usually it will have a carrier logo when it boots. Once we gain access we can get more info and look into getting it unlocked to use with any sim card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Just says blackberry when it starts up.
Contributor

I've entered the pass code ten times and the screen went blank and it looks to be rebooting
Guru II

That's what we want.

Contributor

Ok so on the main page a message has come up saying" you current SIM card requires an unlock code. Would you like to unlock it? When I press yes, nothing happens regarding a code request. Thank you, by the way for your time.
Guru II

That is an issue with the sim card itself. Remove the sim card and reboot the phone.

Contributor

Also it still says at the top of the screen "invalid SIM card.