Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Help

After you remove the sim card and reboot the device go to Options >Sim Card. On that screen bring up the keyboard and type the letters M E P D. You won't see any letters being typed but when you're done you should see additional information on the screen. Take a look next to "Network" and let me know what it says next to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Also, I asked a moderator to move this thread to the Torch forum. It's currently in the BlackBerry Link forum which this has nothing to do with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9860
My Carrier: rogers

Forgive me for the delay. I've gone into options but do not see any thing for SIM card.
Guru II

Type "Sim Card" in the search bar at the top of the Options screen.

Contributor

Done,thank you. I see sim disabled, network blocked, network subset disabled also service provider and corporate disabled
Guru II

So, the Network blocked means the phone is locked to another carrier. That means any sim card other than the bone branded to the device will not work.

On that same sim card screen type the letters: M E P 2. Be sure you hold the alt key when typing the 2. Make sure there are 10 attempts left for the unlock code. Do NOT try to enter a code. We just want to make sure it's unlockable before you get an unlock code.

Contributor

Nothing happened. I pressed m e p and pressed the number 2. What should have happened?
Guru II

It should have brought up a box for you to enter an unlock code.

However, as I suspected the Network "blocked" means that the device either had it's 10 attempts to unlock the MEP code used up (don't worry, this is different than the 10 attempts we entered to gain access to the device) or the device was reported as lost or stolen.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to get this device working with a sim card.

Guru II

Here is a thread where someone had the identical issue:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/quot-Invalid-SIM-Card-quot-Network-Blocked/td...

Contributor

Thank you for your time, would it be worth a try to go back to the cell phone store and see if they can try to put another SIM card in it?