Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520

Help

I just purchased the BB Torch. I live in an area that has 3G technology. However over the weekend the signal has been showing EDGE. I think this is effecting my internet browsing b/c its slow. Is this because of the signal or memory? Would I need to download WiFi apps for better performance? By the way I have ATT as my carrier. Thanks.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Help

Yes EDGE means you're not on the fastest connection. Here's a KB article describing what the different GSM statuses mean. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02334

You can try to go into Manage Connections and uncheck/check Mobile Network to turn the radio off/on. Or you can perform a hard reset (while the device is on, remove the battery for 15 seconds and replace it). See if your signal goes back to 3G. 

If you had a BlackBerry before did it obtain a 3G signal in your area?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.