Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi, I previously purchased VibAndRing through App World....

Hi, I previously purchased VibAndRing through App World. I've just had my handset (Vodafone Bold 9000) replaced and reinstalled App World, then went to My World to reinstall VibAndRing. It shows up as Uninstalled, but when I click Reinstall it seems to start downloading, but then says "VibAndRing is not available for download from App World". Can you advise how I can get this App reinstalled please? Kind regards John Upstone
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Hi, I previously purchased VibAndRing through App World....

Hi there!

Your inquiry needs to be sent as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection.

If that does not work, then please return to these forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Hi, I previously purchased VibAndRing through App World....

[ Edited ]

Hi and thanks. I thought that was what I had done, but possibly I used the App World/General option and not App World/Billing. Anyway, I've now registered here and come back to the forums, as the problem has resolved itself - but a similar one has appeared.

I was using WiFi and found that by switching it off and using GPRS (no 3G signal at home), I was able to re-download VibAndRing and it's now working fine. However, I then tried to download MultiAlarm Pro Demo, and a similar problem has occurred.

It started to download, but hung, and I can't cancel it or restart it. I've tried popping the battery, and I've tried uninstalling App World and reinstalling it. MultiAlarm Pro Demo itself doesn't show in the Blackberry Applications list, so I can't uninstall it. It does show in My World, but there's no option to cancel, reinstall or run. I've tried switching between wifi and gprs/3g, as that seemed to fix VibAndRing, but still no luck.

I saw similar posts about stuck downloads where they asked for the following information, so I've copied that here. I haven't gone to the link you posted for Billing/Payment, as it's a free demo app and it didn't seem appropriate. Hope you can help.

- Carrier - Vodafone UK
- Model - Bold 9000
- OS - 4.6.0.282
- App world client version - 1.1 0.15
- BIS/BES/Both? - BES
- Application having issues - MultiAlarm Pro Demo
- Description of issue (including the exact wording of any error messages)
Stuck on "Starting download..."  and won't complete. Can't cancel or redownload. Have logged in to My World and it shows there, other downloaded apps are fine.

(Please move this to another forum if this is no longer the appropriate one - it seems it might be a problem with App World rather than a specific application. Thanks.)
Message Edited by John_U on 09-13-2009 12:53 PM