Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch 9800

Hi and very frustrated

Why can't i get my cointacts list downloaded to my car buletooth system. My blackberry curve3 worked fine. My new blackberry torch doesn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It connects ok but i can only answer incomming calls and MANUALLY DAIL - a bit of a waste of time having a hands free set up when you cant use it      Help anyone please.

Also what twit thought up this idea -

As of BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.0 SP3 there is an IT policy that disables the address book transfer feature on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Whats the point of having a in car telephone system and the stupid phone wont transfer the address/contacts list !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very frustrated and unhappy blackberry user - might as well got an Ipod4 that won't work either !!!!!

Ray Baxter

Blackberry Torch 9800 - O2

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Hi and very frustrated

You mention the IT Policy that disables the transfer of the address book in BES - assuming you are a BES user have you contacted your IT department? There may be a reason they have enabled this policy.

My Device: Torch

Re: Hi and very frustrated

I completely agree with RayBaxter. We run BIS and there is no policy in place to prevent an address book being transfered via bluetooth. And I have spent 2 weeks trying to find a way to transfer my contacts to my in car system via bluetooth and have not been able to do it.

Simple question, it is possible to transfer your address book from a Torch via Bluetooth to an in car audio system. Yes or No???