Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom France

Hide icons

Hello, I would like to know if I hide an icon (for ex facebook messenger) on the screen of my BB 9300, what will happen: I just don't see it but I still get notifications from the app i hide (I get notification if someone write me etc) or if i hide it I dont get notifications at all unless I don't open back the app? thank you!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Hide icons

Hello,

Hiding the icon does not stop the app from performing it's normal duties. If you have it set up to notify you, then it will continue to do so...you just won't see the icon itself on your homescreen. If you want to also suppress notifications, then you should first do so within the app, then hide the icon. Of course, that has the effect of negating the function of the app completely, so if you go that far, you may as well just remove the app entirely from your device, freeing up AppMemory space for other things.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you! I'm not considering to delete the app because I just dont want notification just in some moments... For exemple when with my girlfriend
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Another method is to use notification profiles. For example, if it's the audible notification that is the problem, you can consider using a different sound profile when necessary -- "Phone Calls Only", "Silent", etc. will still allow you to have the app functioning, but will silence the audible alert when you don't want it.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Ok no the problem is the notification on the screen... I just do not want that, while I am with a person, she/he can see that a third person wrote me... that's it Smiley Happy
Hall of Famer III

Well, if you hide the icon, you may still get notifications up in the top notification area. So the only way to do what you seem to need is to shut off notifications within the app itself when you don't want them. I know of no simple way to accomplish that.

Good luck!