Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hiding an specific contact

Hi, I want to know how can I hide a specific contact. Sometimes someone give me the phone number and does not want that anybody else knows it.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hiding an specific contact

Well, you have choices, probably none of them you'll like.

1. No, you cannot hide one specific contact, from within the native OS.

2. You can password protect the entire device.

3. You can always place that ONE contact somewhere else in your BlackBerry... such as in Password Keeper, which is automatically password protected. And yes, you can dial from there too, if needed, but the contact as a name and number will not then show in your Call Log... only the number will So if you were to call Barrack Obama at XXX number, only the number will appear in the call log.

4. You can look for third party apps which "might" do this. One to check is BlackBook, it is available in AppWorld.

5. You can enter the contact in the Address Book, and then assign it a category, of say, "hidden". Now, if ALL of your other contacts are assigned a category of "ALL", and you set a filter to show only "ALL", and that filter is enabled, then when someone browses your Address Book, the seekrit contact will not be readily visible, UNLESS the user knows to go and UNcheck the filter for "ALL". Most normal BlackBerry users don't know even know how to do this.

good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code