Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: GiffGaff

High battery consumption

This is my 1st time posting here have looked all over trying to find out what I can do anyway here is my problem.

I have a curve 9300 on OS6 I charged my phone up before I went to bed which was 10pm I woke up at 10am to find my phone off and fully discharged I know there is a flaw in the OS so I have heard, my husband has removed all but what is needed by the OS to run with desktop manager hoping this would help my battery consumption but it has not.

Any help would be grateful

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: High battery consumption

Hello pawcaw08,

Welcome aboard the Blackberry Community,

I have seen many user who rise the same issue , but pawcaw08  have a look at this article and try to follow

it for a week then I can asssure you that you will get maximum of your battery How to maximize the Battery Life and free memory of your smartphone

I hope this article will help you a lot.

Good Luck .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

My husband has already followed most of that guide that is where he got the idea of removing most the apps of the phone, he has also read that OS5 seems to be better in the sense of battery consumption but he don't want to roll it back

do you think it may be the battery (but its only 3 months old)?  Or the fact that it had coffee spilt on it and it did go for repair under the cover he got for it and they fixed the buttons and track pad, do you think it may have another fault?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello  pawcaw08,

I think something new came up in our recent post, On your first post you have not mentioned that your           

Device came in contact with liquid. I think you also know that liquid or moisture is the worst enemy of any  

Smartphone. I think you are lucky enough that your device is still working . Cause in many of the cases where

the device came in contact with liquid had to leave it cause Repairing cost = a New device.

So I don't think that there is any other issue with your device except that coffee spilt. Is your device .

Powered on at that time . How long did you leave the device to dry, those are some question which decides the

Future of the device. And I think but also sure that this high battery consumption  is just a result of that.Where 

you got it Repaired ? There are multiple thread available regarding liquid damage try it in the search box.

Take Care.

Prince                  

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I got it out a littlewoods catalogs and got the extended care with it so they fixed it for me, the coffee was spilt on the top of it and I was quick enough to shot a towel over it and removed battery, my husband put it in a bag of rice over night just to be sure (he's got a HTC Sensation and that got dropped in a sink full of water but her escaped lucky with the bag of rice).  It was the next day the buttons were stiff and the track pad didn't respond properly.