Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

High battery drain on Bold 9900

I got my 9900 on the at&t release day. I've since updated to the leaked/official build of 7.0.0.503. I like it, it's nice and fast, but I'm still finding what I consider to be short battery life. I see many people claiming and posting screenshots of 1-3% discharge rates, and I'm getting no where close to that. I just deleted Social Feeds as I read somewhere that may be a culprit. 

Apps: Facebook & Twitter auto-refresh set to never, only check manually. Berryweather updates every two hours. That's it. I close everything else when I'm done, don't leave foursquare or anything open.

I just charged it up to 100% at 3pm, and by 4pm I was at 93%. I used the phone for maybe 5 minutes during that time, and it was only to send and receive a few BBMs. I don't think 7%/hour is very good with basically no use. 

I've done the usual of fully charging and then letting it drain to about 10% a few times to calibrate the meter, I've done several battery pulls and restarts. No idea why I'm seeing a drain this high when I'm not even using the thing

Oh, when I bought it and set it up, I basically set it up as a new device. The only data i transferring from my Torch was email messages and address book. No settings, just those two items. 

Would appreciate any help provided Smiley Happy