Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Holster/ case rest

[ Edited ]

Ive got myself a new Bold. On my original the device always restarted randomly and the 16gb card wouldnt show all my music (and the scanning proccess took about 30 minutes)

Now - I have a replacement - However depite the music being fixed and the device not randomly rebooting - this time its consistantly rebooting - but at a stupid time.

Basically i bought myself one of these cases

http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=10100000_4000000_11000275&products_id=7758

Often when in the case it seems to shut down, as if id put it back in the holster.  It occurs initially when in the case, as soon as i take it out the bold comes back to life, but consiquently when i put it back in it often goes off again!

at least its consistant but somthing isnt right. My last one didnt do this...! Any ideas? Do i take it back again?!!!

Message Edited by Andrew_S on 10-07-2008 05:29 PM
Contributor

Re: Holster/ case rest

Really disapointed anyone was even able to suggest anything for this......

However I thought i better post a potential solution for those who may encounter it

My issue was because the Bold shutdown/sleep is activated by a magnet in the case and the fasten on my new case was a magnet - when i tucked the back of the case behind the bold (flip case) the magnet on the fastener was activating the holster type shut down!

New Contributor

Hi, I have that same problem of my phone rebooting when ever it feels like it! Now it is about 2 to 3 times a day. Do you think I need to get it replaced? It sounds like that is the only solution that I have seen so far.

Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor

This thread is talking about something else, not rebooting. The OP is discussing the sleep function being set off by magnet. (Which it is supposed to do).

Only holster-type cases in which you completely remove your BB from the magnet's vicinity will prevent the sleep funtion from kicking in.

The second poster is talking about random resets -- sounds like you need to try a few things first: get a new SIM card from ATT (or your provider) and see if the SIM card is fried and causing the resets. Second, take a look at the 3rd party programs you have installed. Remove one by one until you find the culprit. Note that any 3rd party apps specifically not indicated for Bold use can cause random problems. Third, you might need to exchange if none of these suggestions apply.