Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Home Notification Display Message Count Envelope Includes Calendar Appointments

On one of our Blackberry phones, the "envelope" notification at the top of the Home includes more than just messages.  It also includes up to three calendar upcoming appointments. None of our other 19 Blackberry phones are doing this. They only count email and text messages. Not appointments.

It's extremely frustrating because there's no way to know if the message count at the top is becuase there's an unread message or if it's just an upcoming appointment. There's nothing special that I can tell about his appointments that makes them any different than everyone else.

It started happening about two weeks ago on his Blackberry 9650.  I was hoping it would go away on its own when I changed him to the Torch 9850 this week but it didn't. The same thing is happening now on this one.

These are all connected to the same Blackberry Enterprise Server.  No changes on that server in over a year.

It's obviously something specific to this user or all other the phones would have the same problem. They were all the same model/OS before and they are all moving to OS 7 this week so I've had a chance to personally test each one for myself. No one else has this. 

Googling I've seen similar or same problem reported but no solutions.  Anyone know the solution?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Home Notification Display Message Count Envelope Includes Calendar Appointments

Nothing? Does no one else have this problem?  Once I switch out all our old phones with the new OS 7 models, I did end up with a few others with this same problem. But not all. Others are reading fine.

Most of our users have been around since we had a BES 4.1.  They were migrated to the existing BES 6.1 earlier this year. Could it be a carryover corruption of some kind?  Do I need to delete them off my BES and then create them from scratch?  Is there a KB on how to do that efficiently so the problem wont' carryover?