Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

Home Page Indicators

Slight problem, i have an indicator on my home screen saying that i have an app which is ready for an update. I searched through my apps looking for which one it was and found it and updated and re-booted.

I was then suprised when it re-booted to find the indicator still showing, i have looked at all the apps and none need updating.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI459), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Home Page Indicators

AppWorld gives that indicator by vurtue of it having sent a message. You need to open Messages and go through all of the folders. Sorry, but I have not gotten that indicator so I can't say just which folder the message is in.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Its the indicator with the a circle and arrow inside of it with a number next to it. And now that number has just gone up to 2!! Smiley Indifferent

GREAT!?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI459), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Yup...2 apps you got through AppWorld have updates. Find them in MyWorld and do the updates. Then find the messages and delete them. Then the indicator will go away.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Any idea what folder the message might be in?

I have also tried to delete all my apps and blackberry app world but still the indicator shows!

Thanks again.

Hall of Famer III

Actually, I don't know exactly where the message(s) is(are). I have yet to actually receive one myself, but I do know that others on these forums have found and successfully deleted the messages. I just can't recall how they did so. Sorry...

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

rt3709 wrote:

Any idea what folder the message might be in?

home screen >> messages application >> menu >> search

do a search for unread messages, of all types, in all folders.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: