Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: You may need to uninstall/reinstall Visual Voicemail

I got this error upon reactivating Visual Voicemail.  I found that uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling did work for me. I believe the key step to my success was being able to re-enter my voicemail PIN, which is apparently impossible without reinstalling.... 

Note that I reinstalled it immediately after they reactivated Visual Voicemail.  

Maybe the right steps are:

1. Deactive/reactivate Visual Voicemail through tech support

2. Uninstall

3. Reboot

4. Reinstall, enter voicemail PIN 

FYI - this morning, my Visual Voicemail received 2 new messages; one from Saturday night, one from yesterday.  Not ideal.  I recommend testing/monitoring your voicemail....

Good luck. 

Contributor

How do I uninstall Visual Voice Mail?  I have the same problem but I don't want to keep Visual Voice Mail.  I got it used it and don't want it now.  VZ said they took it off my account but I don't know how to uninstall it.
New Contributor

To uninstall the application, goto: Options, Advanced Options, Applications, select Visual Voicemail, click the menu button, select Delete.  Then reboot.  Good luck!
Contributor

Thanks for the help.  It turns out that VZ didn't take Visual Voice Mail off.  Then once I uninstalled it the icon is gone.
Contributor

This is REALLY dumb.

I have this problem now, (showing a voice mail when there are none). I am using Visual Voice, which I like. I just sat on hold on the support line for 25 minutes and gave up.

MY OLD PHONES HAD AN OPTION TO RESET VOICEMAIL COUNTER!!!!!!!!!!

Why this phone does not have that is just plain ridiculous. Eventually, the phones WILL get out of sync with the message count. To have to call Verizon support and go through that procedure is just plain stupid. This phone needs a count reset option like all my other phones had. I could not believe that there actually isn't one on this phone.

Can you sense my frustration?

Sorry...

Jim

Highlighted
Contributor

Ok... So I have installed/ reinstalled Visual Voicemail on my own and on the phone with Verizon.  I still have 1) voice mail icon that has been there about 2 months now.  Since, I have uninstalled the visual voice mail... I don't even receive any notice that I have new voice mails!  I just checked my phone... had 8!  But, my icon that I can't get to go away says 1!  Verizon's solution to get rid of the icon is to backup my phone and wipe it clean!  Are they serious??  I luckily didn't have my laptop with me at the time so I said I would call back!  I have tried every suggestion on this site and nothing works! So, does anyone know anything else before I backup my stuff (Which I have no idea how to do) and wipe it completely clean??? 

Little frustrated here!! Thanks to anyone who can help!