Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Home Screen Notification List is No Longer Updating

well once upon a time, when i got new notifications, then you tap the notificaton icon, and you get the notification list, well mine is no longer updating.  it has had the same information displayed for the past three day.  any one else having this same problem?  and is there a fix?  thanks.

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Home Screen Notification List is No Longer Updating

I'm having 'Notification Bar' issues as well.  If I happen to delete a email or text without actually reading it first - it deletes from my text or message folder, but still shows up in the 'Notification Bar' as UNREAD - I cant figure out any way to remove it from the 'Notification Bar'.

Trusted Contributor

Yeah, I have that issue as well.

BlackRocker wrote:

I'm having 'Notification Bar' issues as well.  If I happen to delete a email or text without actually reading it first - it deletes from my text or message folder, but still shows up in the 'Notification Bar' as UNREAD - I cant figure out any way to remove it from the 'Notification Bar'.

New Contributor
My Carrier: A T & T

I am having a similar problem.  My blackberry torch connected with my Facebook and downloaded all b-days to my calendar..Now I can't get my notifications because all I see is the list of b-days.  As I have tried to delete them, they have reproduced (various repetitions) and the list keeps getting longer.  Does anyone know how to get calendar off home screen (notifications bar)?  I have gone to every setup screen I can find.   If I delete shouldn't the notifications go away?

Trusted Contributor

well if someone figures out how to get the Calender out of the notification list, please let me know also.  and you have to go into the Facebook options to disconnect it from the notifications.  go to Connect your Facebook account with, and uncheck the box "BlackBerry Calendar application".

bigmomma wrote:

I am having a similar problem.  My blackberry torch connected with my Facebook and downloaded all b-days to my calendar..Now I can't get my notifications because all I see is the list of b-days.  As I have tried to delete them, they have reproduced (various repetitions) and the list keeps getting longer.  Does anyone know how to get calendar off home screen (notifications bar)?  I have gone to every setup screen I can find.   If I delete shouldn't the notifications go away?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Does anyone know if RIM ever answers any of these questions? It seems like it would be easy to have someone at least say we are aware of this issue and are working on it... Oy.

New Contributor
My Carrier: A T & T

I was able to fix my problem...Turn the phone off and remove the battery for 15 seconds.  I think this is how we r going to have to reset.  Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

umm which specific problem did you fix?

bigmomma wrote:

I was able to fix my problem...Turn the phone off and remove the battery for 15 seconds.  I think this is how we r going to have to reset.  Good luck!

New Contributor
My Carrier: att

I thought it was me....I am having the same problem, all the FB calendar entries on my Torch.  SOMEONE PLEASE, post how to get rid of them...........This is the dumbest problem I think I have ever had and the most frustrating.  I have been to every setup menu I can find both on the phone and on FB.  Can't do it.  I don't want those feeds on my phone, now or ever.

Trusted Contributor

go to the facebook options.  you can turn them [notifications] all off from there.