Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Home Screen

Is there a way to change the Home Screen IE add addtional Icons and remove Icons. this is for the Home Screen not the Menu Screen thanks for any help. For example there are 6 Icons on this screen at the bottom of which I use some and not the others I would like to get the the most useful ones on this screen Thanks.
Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Home Screen

From the Applications screen (the screen with ALL of the icons) you will notice that the TOP row of icons mirrors those in the zen (or one row) theme. To move an icon you want to be on the one line screen, scroll to it, and press Menu (the key left of the trackball) and click MOVE. Then scroll that icon up to the top line. And another, until you have the top line set as you desire.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

Ok one more thing and BTW Thanks for the solution that worked perfect. Now I see with the new Icons Tasks are included the application folder is there a way to move it out of the folder and include it on the main menu?
Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

stillwater wrote:
Tasks are included the application folder is there a way to move it out of the folder and include it on the main menu?

You are welcome.

Yes, you can move the Tasks icon in a similar manner by scrolling to it, press Menu > Move > and scroll it to the UP folder icon at the upper left of that folder. Once on your Homescreen, you move it again to where you desire in the same manner as above.

(or, the easier way is to scroll over the icon in the Applications folder, press Menu > Move to Folder > and select the Home folder, THEN move it to the top line.)

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Perfect, both worked perfect I appreciate your help! Have a good day.