Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport, Z10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)
Accepted Solution

Home screen behaviour (BB9900 - OS 7.1)

Hello there.

Maybe I'm a bit confused but I cannot restore an old behaviour of my home screen, namely the tab functionality.

More explicitely, in the past, when I was hitting the "blue bar" in the top middle of the screen, this would toggle between a view with all apps displayed and a view with a "reduced" tab displaying only one row of icons.

Now, when I do this manipulation, I get either the home screen with all apps, either a blank/empty screen (just with the desktop image) - meaning no icon row at all!?

Am I just getting old or did I miss something?

In other words, is there a way to restore this toggle between "full screen" display and "one row" display instead of just totally disappearing from the screen?

I hope I'm clear enough ....

Needless to say that I have explored the options screen, did a battery pull and searched on the internet but I did not find an answer to this "problem".

Many thanks in advance if you can bring some explanation to this behaviour in the home screen.

I have a BB Bold 9900 under OS 7.1

Smiley Wink

------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Home screen behaviour (BB9900 - OS 7.1)

When you are in the "blank" homescreen, you should see a small arrow ^ at the bottom, centre. Using your finger, you can drag up to display 1, 2 or 3 rows of icons. This isn't an issue, it's the built-in functionality. ~ecm
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Touch that 'bar' where it states "all" and either drag it up or down to display one, two or three rows of icons, or full screen.

**edit, I see I'm late Smiley Wink

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport, Z10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

[ Edited ]

Thanks a lot, it was so simple in fact ...

Actually, I very rarely use the touch-screen feature, I'm always using the "trackball". That's why I did not figure out this possibility by just touching the bar!

It may have happened unnoticed when I put the BB back in its pouch probably.

Thanks again, anyway.

------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)