Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Home screen icon & notification symbols

Any clue what this icon is? I am a long time Treo/iPhone user and have recently been switched to BB by my employer. I have asked half a dozen long time users and had a ticket open with the corporate help desk for a few days with no luck.When you click the notification bar, the mail, voice mail and whatever pop up, but this one doesn't. I can't find any app with a similar icon.

It doesn't bother me too much, I just don't want to missing something that needs to be done. Thanks!

Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Well.. what's the icon look like? A description would help...

Do you see it in the image in the first of this thread?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Is there a way to paste images? When I do the "tree" icon it only seems to want URLs, not letting you simply point to image on your system. Pasting from Word doesn't seem to work either.

It is a light blur rectangle, rounded corners with the BB logo upper left and a person silloutte bottom right. It has a "new" indicator (red dot with white asterisks in it) in the upper right corner. It shows in the status bar with email, voice mail and BB messenger icons. Can't find anything that matches on the device or any of the web sites.

You can do a screen shot and upload it to any place like Flickr or another image hosting site and past the link here.

Or, get 10 posts in this forum, and then you are enabled to upload an image from your computer.

You can go welcome some 8-9 new members over in the

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

New Contributor

Let me know if the link doesn't work. I generally don't post images publicly, so I am not sure if it will work. Thanks!

That's not a normal BBMessenger icon, but it does appear to be some sort of BBMessenger icon.

Do you have any BBM Groups you're a part of ?

Open BBM and see if you see anything... groups, a picture in a group, a comment on a group picture.

Do you have the BBM Channels beta installed?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Hi- Turns out it was an update to the BBMessenger app. I am not sure why it wouldn't run as a normal update, like all the rest do, but that is what it was. i spent an hour clicking every icon and working through the options until I found it. Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Thank you very much, very helpful

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: vodacom

Help! What app has following icon on home screen when receiving notification * when you receive notification red star appears in icon like with bbm * but the icon appears on home screen, to left side of the email notification, it is a black icon with green dot or something inside, assume it is some sort of chat app... Please help!!